Saturday, February 12, 2005
Sant Valantaheens Day
1. The better half's birthday
2. The anniversary of their wedding if they happen to be married or worse still the day they first met if they are not
3. The parents anniversary - The womens of course. In case of the man's it's a miracle if he remembers the day
4. The parents birthday - See above
5. Any siblings birthday - See point 3
6. Assorted weddings of the family - See point 5 to read about point 3
In most cases the man is dragged off to these occassions (Except point 1) to spend a
evening (If you are truly unfortunate a day or even a weekend) in complete hell. He then becomes a object of ridicule to his bachelor friends or sympathy to his married friends. His married friends of course pray like hell that their wives don't pick up the idea.
I dont deny the fact that if you are married you deserve all this and more (Remember the part about in sickness and in sorrow) but I get depressed at the fact the women get off so easily.
All the guy gets in return is a few nights out with the boys which no sensible woman would want to attend anyway and a few missed dinners because of either the boys or work. Dammit Men - Make them work harder for this.
And on this subject would I be smart enough to avoid this ? Of course not. I'm a guy whaddya expect ?