Friday, April 14, 2006

 

The Service Economy

Having been forced to now commute to deep dark Haryana (Yes the dreaded Gurgaon Office shift hath happened) I've experienced the nightmare of every yuppie. Being forced to change the mailing address of the cards and magazines and et al. In spite of being a relatively high spender (no snickering in the back there) the call center experience is still horrendous. Why in the world do all banks assume that you have nothing better to do while waiting than to being told about all their other wonderful products. And can they please hire some semi literate people. I mean what do we poor Indians have to put up with ? Everything I learnt I learnt from Rapidex English Language book graduates ? Oh all right I'll get off my soapbox. And being a true net devotee I regret to report that makemytrip.com sucks. I had a relatively trouble free booking experience but to do a change in the booking was a nightmare. I had to do it offline with the airline since the makemytrip number was busy even at 3am. Carn folks what do u expect people to do ? Wait around on hold forever. This is the service economy so start serving already. Worldspace - You're next.....

Comments:
Makemytrip.com sucks bug time. They can't match services of a local travel agent here in the US. Why did they start the service in the first place? Their customer service is poor- they give you incorrect rates, You don't get a time to think plus it is worse when you have to do cancel something. It is very hard to get a refund from them.
 
Oh God, I thought I am the only person cribbing about Makemytrip.com

I tell you its a nightmare to get to reach them, esp. YES when it comes to cancellation.

Not to speak of the executives who are ill informed about the refund rules and put you on hold for the rest of the day. It has been a harrowing experience to even contact them, since their office keeps moving all the time.

Jeevan Jagga is inaccessible and Pankaj Chopra talk to people as if they are idiots on the other end.

Better to contact local agent or book online.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?